Perm nightclub director pleads guilty, says will accept any punishment
156 people died in a 2009 fire at the nightclub
PERM, Russia — The executive director of the Perm nightclub Khromaya Loshad /Lame Horse/ where 156 people died in a fire has pleaded guilty at the trial at Perm's Lenin district court. "I wish to tell the relatives of those who died on that terrible night that I'm bringing my apologies. Very many people died, and it's hard to live with this fact," Svetlana Yefremova said at the hearing on Tuesday, "I've given an honest account of my work at the club. I admit my guilt, and am ready to accept any punishment meted out by the court."
The fire at the Perm nightclub broke out overnight to December 5, 2009, as it was marking the first anniversary of its establishment. One hundred and fifty-six people died of carbon monoxide and other toxic combustion gases poisoning and another 65 suffered serious harm to health. The authorities recognized 404 people to be the victims within the criminal case.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.