Medic injured in 50 ft. fall from bridge
The incident happened around 12:30 a.m. when the paramedic was responding to several crashes
DELAWARE PARK, Del. — Police say a paramedic was injured after falling 50 feet from a bridge in Delaware Park, Delaware early Monday morning.
The incident happened around 12:30 a.m. when the paramedic was responding to several crashes when he fell between the north and southbound divide of the Route 7 Bridge.
Officials say the paramedic was trying to jump over the divide and fell 50 feet onto the creek bed below. He was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze