Calif. firefighters rescue cat after blaze damages home

The crews treated the animal with one of the pet oxygen masks donated to the department last year by a local animal clinic


The Press-Enterprise

MURRIETA, Calif. — A clothes dryer touched off a fire that damaged a Murrieta home Thursday, Nov. 7, and injured the family cat, fire officials said.

The fire was reported about 9 a.m. at a house on Carneros Court and firefighters arrived to find flames and smoke showing from the second story, a Murrieta Fire Department new release said.

Firefighters searched the house and found the owner’s cat unconscious behind a dresser. The crews treated the animal with one of the pet oxygen masks donated to the department last year by a local animal clinic. With approval from the owner, firefighters took the cat to a nearby animal hospital for treatment. It was expected to recover.

Full story: MURRIETA: Firefighters rescue cat after blaze damages home

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2019 FireRescue1.com. All rights reserved.