LODD: NC firefighter dies responding to EMS call
Joshua Woods, 24, was responding to a cardiac arrest call; he lost control of his vehicle and hit a tree
Duty Death: Joshua Woods - [Siler City, North Carolina]
SILER CITY, N.C. — A 24-year-old firefighter died Tuesday morning while responding to an EMS call.
Firefighter Close Calls reported that firefighter Joshua Woods, with the Siler City Fire Department, was responding to a cardiac arrest call when he lost control of his personal vehicle. He veered off the road, striking a tree. He succumbed to his injuries in the crash.
Woods was wearing a seatbelt, airbags deployed and no alcohol was involved. Troopers said it appears he was speeding, according to ABC11.com.
He leaves behind two children and his wife who is expecting.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze