Ala. depts. receives Forestry grant
15 volunteer fire departments will split almost $9,000 in funds
By Mark Ledbetter
The Daily Home
TALLADEGA COUNTY, Ala. — Alabama Sen. Jerry Fielding assisted Talladega County Forestry Specialist Phillip Horne with the distribution of $8,665 grant funds to Talladega County’s 15 volunteer fire departments Thursday night at the 911/EMA center on Alabama Highway 21.
The grant was awarded by the Rural Community Fire Protection (RCFP) Division, a division of the Alabama Forestry Commission dedicated to rural fire protection services.
According to information provided by the Forestry Commission the RCFP is “designed to strengthen the working relationship between the Alabama Forestry Commission and the volunteer fire service.”
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze