SWAT team members discuss Ga. firefighter hostage situation
The firefighters were able to keep 55-year-old Lauren Brown calm and relay information to police outside
GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. — The SWAT officers who carried out a dramatic rescue of Gwinnett County firefighters talked to FOX 5 about their ordeal.
Sgt. Jeff Johnston, Officer Nick Boney and Sgt. Jason Teague were members of the Gwinnett County Police Department SWAT team called to a Suwanee home on April 10 after the homeowner held several firefighters hostage.
The suspect, Lauren Brown, called 911 claiming he was ill, according to authorities. He then took four of the first-responders hostage when they arrived at the home.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze