Bringing diversity to LAFD force
Copyright 2006 Los Angeles Times
All Rights Reserved
A Los Angeles police and fire department recruitment event aims to interest more minorities and women in joining their ranks.
By DANIEL HERNANDEZ
Los Angeles Times (California)
Alphonso Russ, 24, is so gung-ho about becoming a Los Angeles firefighter that he showed up Sunday at the police and fire departments' Black History Month Recruitment Exposition and Family Carnival to take yet another recruitment exam, just for practice.
Not only that, but it was the Police Department's test he took — not the Fire Department's — "just to see the variances," he said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Bringing diversity to LAFD force
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze