Fire chief: Sprinklers saved mall from fire

Fire chief says the sprinkler system that activated in a strip mall business kept the fire under control


By Bob Mims
The Salt Lake Tribune

OGDEN, Utah — Ogden firefighters credited a sprinkler system for keeping a Thursday morning strip mall fire from becoming a major conflagration.

Deputy Fire Chief Eric Bauman said the blaze began shortly after 7 a.m. at 3585 S. Harrison Blvd., an address composing seven businesses. The fire started inside Beto's restaurant, which sustained about $20,000 in fire, smoke and fire damage. The nearby Little Caesars Pizza also filled with smoke.

Lexis/Nexis
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions Privacy Policy

Full story: Fire chief: Sprinklers saved mall from fire

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2019 FireRescue1.com. All rights reserved.