New Video from Verizon Wireless, “Your Personal Wireless Emergency Communications Plan,” Offers Tips
New Video from Verizon Wireless, “Your Personal Wireless Emergency Communications Plan,” Offers Customer Tips
BASKING RIDGE, NJ — If a natural disaster, severe weather or other emergency hits your hometown, how will you stay in touch with family, friends and your workplace? Experience proves that many consumers and businesses will rely on their wireless phones and devices. So, Verizon Wireless urges its customers to make sure their families and their devices are ready for the unexpected by preparing wireless emergency communications plans.
Video to Help You Get Started
A new video from Verizon Wireless offers a guide for consumers and small business owners on creating a personal wireless emergency communications plan, including tips on how to prepare before, during and in the aftermath of an emergency.
View the Video Now
“Your Personal Wireless Emergency Communications Plan” is available now and can be viewed:
- • On Verizon Wireless’ YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/VerizonWirelessTV
• In the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia
Verizon Wireless’ Ongoing Preparation
Verizon Wireless prepares its network year-round to ensure customers can use their wireless devices when they need them most. Verizon Wireless has invested more than $59 billion since it was formed – $5.7 billion on average every year – to increase the coverage and capacity of its premier nationwide network and to add new services. In 2009 alone, Verizon Wireless invested $7 billion to expand and advance its network.
More Information Available
- • Hurricane Season starts on June 1. Information about Verizon Wireless preparations for the upcoming hurricane season can be found online in the Verizon Wireless Hurricane Information Center at http://news.vzw.com/Hurricane/Overview.html.
• Ongoing network updates, enhancements and information are available on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWNetwork.
• Video footage and images of Verizon Wireless network preparations in hurricane-prone areas are available in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving nearly 93 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 81,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.