Scott Safety Releases FDIC 2012 Booth Event Lineup
Indianapolis, IN — Scott Safety is doing several exciting things this year in addition to having an awesome booth:
1. Hands-On Training (HOT Training) - register for courses Monday, April 16 and Tuesday, April 17.
2. Scott Firefighter Combat Challenge - For the second year, the Scott Firefighter Combat Challenge will take place at FDIC 2012. Wearing “full bunker gear” and the SCOTT Air-Pak breathing apparatus, pairs of competitors race head-to-head as they simulate the physical demands of real-life firefighting by performing a linked series of five tasks including climbing the 5-story tower, hoisting, chopping, dragging hoses and rescuing a life-sized, 175 pound “victim” as they race against themselves, their opponent and the clock. The Challenge seeks to encourage firefighter fitness and demonstrate the profession’s rigors to the public.
3. FDIC Exhibitor Relay Competition - Come cheer on Scott personnel as they compete in the exhibitor combat challenge relay where winners receive bragging rights for the next year!
4. Stop, Drop, Rock'n'Roll - Featuring live music entertainment, including firefighter pipe and drum bands, this event benefits the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation. A $15 donation at the door provides access to great food and a cash bar.
5. National Fallen Firefighter Stairclimb - Firefighter Stair Climb events will serve not only as a memorial, but they will also promote fitness and be treated as a high-rise fire incident.
About Scott Safety
Scott Safety, a business unit of Tyco International, is a premier manufacturer of innovative respiratory and other personal protective equipment and safety devices for firefighters, industrial workers, police squads, militaries, homeland security forces, and rescue teams around the world.
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.