Fla. firefighters hospitalized for heat exhaustion
By Ryan Mills
The Naples Daily News
NAPLES, Fla. — A fire destroyed a Golden Gate Estates home Friday afternoon and hospitalized two firefighters with heat exhaustion.
Around 12:30 p.m., a postal carrier delivering mail on Third Avenue Southwest alerted authorities about the blaze after seeing heavy smoke coming from a garage at the end of the road, Golden Gate Assistant Fire Chief Nolan Sapp said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Heat Exhaustion
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.