StoveTop FireStop® Smothers Kitchen Fire, Shields Resident from Injury
Fort Worth, TX — The Pine Mountain, Georgia, Fire Department credits the StoveTop FireStop® for stifling a threatening cooking fire, preventing extensive damage to the property and injury to the resident. Responding to a kitchen fire alarm, Pine Mountain firefighters were summoned to Pine Village Apartments, but upon arriving, found the fire already suppressed. After further investigation, the firefighters realized StoveTop FireStop had put out the fire; the device automatically dispenses a non-toxic, fire suppressing dry powder when flame activated.
About the size of a tuna can, StoveTop FireStop Venthood magnetizes to the vent hood directly above the cooktop surface and, when flame activated, automatically releases twelve ounces of fire suppressing powder to the burners. Because cooking fires remain the leading cause of residential fires, apartment managers nationwide have purchased StoveTop FireStop products to protect their properties and residents.
To read the full article from the Pine Mountain Fire Department, visit http://pinemountainfiredepartment.org/news/09-03-12.php. For more information about the StoveTop FireStop family of products, visit www.stovetopfirestop.com.