Fire crews rescue autistic boy from Utah chimney
Firefighters trained in special technical rescues lowered ropes into chimney, instructed boy to slide his hands through loops of the ropes
The Salt Lake Tribune
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City fire crews Monday pulled a 9-year-old autistic boy from a chimney after he climbed in and became stuck.
Firefighters responded to the home on the 1300 West block of California Avenue around 6:15 p.m. after the boy's mother called to say she found him stuck in the chimney after hearing him cry for help from outside, Salt Lake City Fire Department spokesman Scott Freitag wrote in a news release.
Full story: Fire crews rescue autistic boy from Utah chimney