Toxic cleanup from Ind. fire may take weeks
Barrels of liquid cyanide used by company to fireproof insulation after its installation contributed to toxic smoke
By Dominic Adams
Fort Wayne Journal Gazette
FORT WAYNE, Ind. — The fire that destroyed an insulation company warehouse and produced large plumes of toxic smoke Sunday was so extensive it will hinder the fire department's ability to identify the cause.
Fort Wayne Fire Chief Pete Kelly said he doesn't know what started the fire at Momper Insulation, 2431 W. Main St.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Toxic cleanup from Ind. fire may take weeks
- Hazards and Hazmat
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.