Four N.Y. firefighters receive minor injuries in blaze at apartment complex
By Olivia Winslow
Newsday (New York)
Copyright 2006 Newsday, Inc.
Authorities were investigating a suspicious fire that broke out about noon yesterday in an apartment complex for graduate students at Stony Brook University, displacing several residents.
Four firefighters suffered minor injuries — first-degree burns, a twisted ankle, heat exhaustion and an electrical shock — in the blaze. But no residents of Building J in the Chapin Apartments complex were injured, officials said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Heat Exhaustion
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.