LODD: Philippines firefighter electrocuted at fire
Firefighter Ricardo Catalan was wearing PPE when he came into contact with a live electrical wire
Duty Death: Ricardo Catalan - [San Carlos City, Philippines]
By FireRescue1 Staff
SAN CARLOS CITY, Philippines — A firefighter died after being electrocuted at a fire call this week.
Firefighter Ricardo Catalan responded to a call where 13 houses were destroyed Monday, reported the Sun Star.
Catalan was wearing PPE when he came into contact with a live electrical wire. He was transported to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Officials said Catalan’s family will receive financial assistance.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.