Watch: Firefighters, cops save choking puppy at police station
Surveillance footage shows the first responders saving the 9-week-old Saint Bernard after Megan Vitale rushed into the station for help
By FireRescue1 Staff
NORTH READING, Mass. — Firefighters and police officers worked to save a choking puppy after a woman rushed into a police station for help.
WCVB reported that the police officers were captured on video surveillance examining Megan Vitale’s 9-week-old Saint Bernard who was “not breathing, limp and unresponsive,” according to officials.
Firefighters quickly joined the officers and used back blows and chest compressions to clear the puppy’s throat.
The first responders also used a special mask designed for pets to provide oxygen. The video shows the puppy wrapped in a blanket when the first responders stand up after saving the puppy’s life.
Vitale then took the puppy to be treated by a veterinarian.