EMT or Paramedic (EMS)
Constellis, LLC - Moyock, North Carolina
- Application Deadline:
Constellis was established in 2010 by a group of operators and investors who sought to combine best-in-class brands, assets and people within the complex risk management industry. Today, the leading provider of risk management and operational support services worldwide, Constellis combines the legacy capabilities and experience of ACADEMI, Triple Canopy, Olive Group, Centerra, Edinburgh International, Strategic Social and all of their affiliates. From life support, procurement, operations and maintenance to high-threat protection, training, C4I systems integration and crisis response, Constellis helps its clients achieve and sustain success, no matter where they are in the world. Constellis operates in approximately 40 countries with regional offices in Africa, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East. Constellis is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C. in Reston, Va.
Assists the Emergency Services Manager in overseeing the administrative and operational aspects of the Emergency Medical Services Department. Administers first-aid and emergency medical treatment to ACADEMI Training Center employees, clients, and guests.
- Oversee the daily operations of the Emergency Services Department.
- Ensure that all local, state and federal regulations as it pertains to the Emergency Medical Services operations are in place and maintained.
- Assist in Department budgeting process.
- Equipment, including rolling and supplies ordering
- Liaison between employees, clients, and guests and ACADEMI Emergency Medical Department.
- Administrates the on-site Automated External Defibrillator and First-Aid kit programs.
- Maintains a relationship with State and local Emergency Medical Services Agencies, Medical Director(s) and surrounding Fire and Emergency Medical Services.
- Record maintenance as required by the company, local, state and federal regulations.
- Responds emergency medical dispatch requests and drives specially equipped emergency vehicle.
- Determines nature and extent of illness or injury to establish first aid procedures to be followed or need for additional assistance, basing decisions on statements of people involved, examination of victim or victims, and knowledge of emergency medical practice.
- Administers consistent, high quality prescribed first-aid treatment at site of emergency. Performing such activities as: opening and maintaining an airway; ventilating patients; administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation; using automated external defibrillators; administration of intravenous injections and medication administration; treatment of minor wounds or abrasions; and application of splints.
- Provides pre-hospital emergency medical care of simple and multiple system traumas such as: controlling hemorrhage; treatment of shock (hypo perfusion); bandaging wounds; immobilization of painful, swollen, or deformed extremities; and immobilization of painful, swollen, or deformed neck or spine.
- Assesses nature and extent of illness or magnitude of crisis and provides appropriate emergency medical care.
- Removes or assists in removal of victims from scene of accident or catastrophe if needed.
- Maintains vehicles, medical and communication equipment in accordance to state and federal regulations.
- Maintains timely, legible, highly accurate recordkeeping.
- Displays an exemplary, safe, professional demeanor at all times.
- Practices absolute professionalism, integrity, confidentiality, and competency with patients, their families, the public, other agencies and coworkers.
- Assists clinic professional staff with patient care to include: intake, registration and triage.
- Attends continuing education and refresher training programs as required by employers, medical control, licensing or certifying agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Eight years of experience in pre-hospital medical field, with a minimum of five years as Advance Life Support.
- Current State of North Carolina Paramedic certification required.
- Must be able to pass a physical abilities test.
- Maintains and provides proof of currency of required EMT certification, and other licenses.
- Current valid driver's license required.
- Must be a member in good standing with local County Rescue or EMS Agency.
- Knowledge of medical protocols, policies, and procedures required.
With operations across every major continent and an annual revenue of $1.5 billion dollars, Constellis provides a wide array of opportunities for individuals looking to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships across key government agencies and blue chip commercial customers. With more than 17,000 personnel worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, we leverage our employees' ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Our extensive operational expertise is augmented by our intimate knowledge of economies, communities and cultures. As a result, we share a willingness to support complex operations in some of the world's most demanding places.
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, work-life balance, and tailored career development programs that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Coverage Employee Assistance
- Program Performance Reviews & Advancement Opportunities
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Work is based in an office and field work environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Normal work hours are Monday-Sunday 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., however extended hours may be required.
Must be able to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 100 lbs. Requires intermittent walking, running, climbing, squatting, stretching, bending and kneeling. Requires constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Age: Please see job description
- Education: Please see job description
- Experience: Please see job description
How to Apply
Please see below link to apply: