North Tree Fire - Marysville, California
- Application Deadline:
- 23 hourly
North Tree Enterprises, Inc. is looking for individuals to work on a Full-Time or Call-When-Needed basis in our Industrial Site Safety (ISS) Division. This position will provide standby technical rescue services for projects up to and including confined space rescue, technical rope rescue, as well as first aid and CPR as first responders in Southern, Central and Northern California.
Techs must be able to operate within the host client’s permit required confined space entry, hazard control, and emergency systems. As a professional rescue technician, you must have the ability to assess, prepare for, and safely execute a confined space or technical rescue.
This is a great opportunity for active or former Firefighters, First Responders, EHS Safety & Rescue Techs, Military or Search and Rescue workers. You’ll be able to refresh, enhance, and sharpen confined space rescue skills and make a difference for those we help.
NTE Rescue Technicians are able to execute the following:
· Perform Job Hazards Analysis (JHA) or Job Site Safety Analysis (JSA) and complete written JHA’s or JSA’s
· Assess planned job site entries and identify appropriate mitigations for hazards and best means of extraction for entrants
· Complete pre-entry planning in accordance with CalOSHA requirements
· Review, understand and interpret clients OHS / EHS program and execute to meet both CalOSHA and client requirements (diligently follows CalOSHA protocols for permitted confined spaces prior to entry)
· Have advanced knowledge of rescue equipment and its applications, limitations, Inspection, cleaning and maintenance requirements
· Setup rescue systems for entries, perform simulated rescues and perform standby sentry for duration of operations
· Perform as a first responder, applying First Aid, CPR and extraction from a variety of above, below, and ground level sites (High / Low Angle Rescue, Technical Rope Rescue, etc.)
· Able to work in all manner of weather conditions and elements and travel for out of area jobs
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Confined Space Rescue Technician or Operator certification
· CPR/AED and First Aid certified (current certificates will be required prior to first assignment).
· Two years or more of verifiable rescue experience. One year of experience with confined spaces.
· Strong communication skills, able to interact and direct personnel in and around the area of work
· Valid Driver’s License and Clean DMV
- Age: 18
- Education: High School
Preferred additional training:
· *CA State Fire Marshall – Confined Space Rescue Technician or Confined Space Rescue Operations (40 hour) certification or equivalent
· Hazardous Materials First Responder Awareness certification
· Qualified Technical Rescue Specialty (High Angle, Low Angle, (LARRO), Technical Rope, Trench, Mine, Tunnel, Gas Tester)
· Emergency Medical Technician or higher medical training
How to Apply
If interested, please email your resume to Dispatch@norththreefire.com or contact our Dispatch Center at 530-743-7530. We look forward to hearing from you!
* Don’t have your 40 hour cert yet? Ask about the CA State Fire Marshall training that we make available to qualified individuals.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.