Certified Fire Investigator (CFI)
Donan Engineering - Richmond, Virginia
- Application Deadline:
- 6700 annual
Donan, established in 1947 and an industry leader in Forensic Engineering, Fire Investigation and additional Claims Services, has an immediate opening for an experienced Certified Fire Investigator (CFI) to cover our Richmond, VA area. This is a remote full-time employment opportunity for a seasoned professional who wants to join a first class, rapidly growing organization.
Are you a problem solver? Have you ever taken something apart just to understand how it functions? Do you have excellent writing skills? Are you motivated when working on your own? Would you prefer working for a family owned company rather than an impersonal giant? Do you have integrity? Do you demand personal excellence from yourself? Do you want to work for an employer who is committed to employee safety? If you can honestly answer yes to all of the above questions apply today to become a part of our â€œbusiness family!â€? Equal Opportunity Employer.
In addition to a very competitive compensation package, Donan offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance and AD&D, & Voluntary Life Insurance with AD&D
- Paid Long-term and Short-term Disability
- 401(K) matching
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with company contributions
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company vehicle for positions requiring travel
- Donan Logo wear provided
- Equipment provided
The Certified Fire Investigator (CFI) is responsible for studying and analyzing the origin of cause at fire scenes. They will convey their findings and conclusion to others in a clear and concise manner, usually through a written report. If necessary they will defend their opinions in a court of law.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Timely field visits to loss sites to conduct cause and origin investigations.
- Provides honest and unbiased analysis and consultation on various fires and explosions.
- Field studies and research on a daily basis.
- Must travel from site to site to perform investigations within a 100 mile radius (further when required) from the assigned office.
- Will have close client interaction often dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Writes and submits detailed and accurate reports on completed investigations in a timely manner in accordance with company guidelines.
- Will communicate with Donanâ€™s customers to provide timelines and project updates on a consistent basis.
- Must provide expert testimony for court cases on an as need basis.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule during periods of peak business demand.
- Will provide excellent customer service to both the companyâ€™s internal and external customers.
- Must be a Certified Fire Investigator, (CFI), through the IAAI or ability to obtain within the first year of employment.
- Private Investigator License preferred in state within you are applying for or ability to obtain within first 6 months of employment.
- Must be familiar with NFPA 921.
- Must provide proof of insurance every six months
- Degree or some college coursework is preferred but not required.
- Must have at least 2-4 years of hands on experience working in the public and/or private sectors performing origin and cause investigations on residential and commercial structures.
- Must be extremely well organized with the ability to deliver fast and accurate turnaround times.
- Must be hands on and willing to climb ladders, roofs, crawl in tight spaces, etc. on an as needed basis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be team oriented and enjoy service oriented type work.
- Must have a valid driverâ€™s license with an acceptable driving record in accordance with the firmâ€™s guidelines.
- Must have superior customer service skills.
- Must conduct business in an honest and ethical fashion at all times.
- Experience with writing detailed reports is highly preferred.
- Must have excellent overall computer skills.
- Must have the ability to work efficiently with little or no supervision.
- Must be willing to travel and/or work a flexible schedule during periods of peak demand.
- Must be willing to work from a remote office setting while traveling from project site to project site.
- Frequently required to stand on oneâ€™s feet for prolonged periods of time.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move objects weighing 50-100 lbs.
- Frequently required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to spend extended periods of time operating a motor vehicle.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Frequently required to sit at a computer and look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
Please visit our website at www.Donan.com for additional information. Equal Opportunity Employer. Donan is an E-Verify participating employer.
- Age: 21
- Education: Degree or some college coursework
- Experience: 2-4 years
How to Apply
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/xnqqv4m3hw99kkv6