Firefighter/EMT (Basic or Paramedic)
Bryan Fire Department - Bryan, Texas
- Application Deadline:
- 49329 annual
The Bryan Fire Department, a Civil Service department, is currently accepting applications for Firefighter/EMT. Preference will be given to those with a Paramedic Certification. We are seeking highly motivated men and women who are ready to serve our community with integrity and courage.
$49,329/year plus certification pay.
Wednesday, February 7, 2018.
Written Exam Date:
Friday, February 16, 2018. (The physical agility test will be on Saturday, February 17, 2018.)
- Age: 18-35
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Experience: None required
- United States citizen.
- Between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED, and be able to read and write the English language.
- Must be certified as basic fire fighter and remain certified through time of appointment as established by the Texas Commission on Fire Protection (or appropriate organization named by the State). At or before the time of entrance examination, applicants shall provide evidence of certification issued by the Texas Commission on Fire Protection.
- Must be certified as an EMT-Basic or higher by the Texas Department of State Health Services. At or before the time of entrance examination, applicants shall provide an EMT Certificate issued by the Texas Department of State Health Services. Hiring preference will be given to applicants who have an EMT-Paramedic or Licensed Paramedic Certificate issued by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Possess a valid Texas Driver’s License with a good driving record as measured by the City’s driver evaluation system.
- Ability to meet all legal requirements of the Texas Commission on Fire Protection Personnel Standards and Education.
- Ability to meet the physical standards for the position.
- If applicable, military service with honorable discharge as stipulated on DD-214 Form.
- No felony convictions or major misdemeanor charges or admissions.
- Good moral character, stable employment history, and no history of any conduct which may affect suitability for firefighter/paramedic work.
How to Apply
To apply click here and follow the instructions provided. Be sure that in addition to submitting online application, you also download the required information packet. You will receive an online confirmation number upon successfully applying, and you will receive a confirmation letter and exam study guide by mail. For more information call (979)209-5064. The City of Bryan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.