Manager, Emergency Preparedness
Wacker - Charleston, Tennessee
- Application Deadline:
Our world needs ideas! As one of the world's most research-intensive chemical companies, we have been developing leading solutions for numerous sectors – from construction to photovoltaics and cosmetics to rubber – for over 100 years. We have a global presence with production sites on three continents and 13,500 employees from 70 nations.
At WACKER in Charleston, TN, we are seeking a Manager, Emergency Preparedness
The purpose of this position is to manage and direct a centralized department with the expertise to evaluate, coordinate and administer emergency preparations related to onsite operations and impact of facility siting based upon local, regional and national circumstances. This position is responsible for assuring a proactive emergency preparedness approach to protect people, property and the environment and has oversight of the Occupational Medicine program.
• Develop and coordinate emergency response planning and recovery strategies as they relate to WACKER site specific Emergency Management Plan.
• Provide training and education throughout the organization on emergency management topics.
• Assess emergency response needs of the site and appropriate regulations and develop/implement actions to ensure the effectiveness of the site program.
• Provide Emergency response guidance to the Shift Leaders.
• Ensure that the incident command structure is robust and effective.
• Ensure that the Emergency Operations Center is fully functional and Command Staff is effective.
• Manage the emergency response activities required for the Company Wide Transportation Distribution Incident Team.
• Manage the site's Emergency Response relationships with the Bradley County Office of Emergency Management and Local Emergency Planning Committee.
• Provide guidance to the team leads of the Emergency Operations Team, the Fire Brigade, the High Angle Rescue Team, the Emergency Medical Team, and the Spill Response Team.
• Ensure that the fleet of emergency response vehicles is adequately maintained.
• Ensure that facility Loss Prevention Systems adequately reduce plant risk.
• Coordinate the facility's interactions with the State Fire Marshall as necessary.
• Respond to emergencies, such as medical and to alarms such as fire by following emergency response proceedings.
• Ensure stand-by fire and confined space watches and rescue, repair and refill extinguishers, and other duties as assigned.
• Ensure workers compensation for the site is well executed and managed.
Be part of a family. Across all nations.
We are looking forward to your online application at www.wacker.com/careers
Reference Code 791717-2-0
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Detailed knowledge of U.S. regulations, with specificity to NFPA requirements and chemical attributes of site operations.
• NFPA requirements (e.g., 600 & 1081), OSHA 1904 Recordkeeping, EMT requirements and 29CFR1910 General Industry requirements related to organization responsibilities (e.g., 1910.156, 1910,146, 1910.252, 1910.119).
• Analytical ability, organizational skills, time management, computer skills such as SAP, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing.
• Ability to be flexible and innovative.
• People management and leadership skills.
Education and Experience
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree with a major in Emergency Management, Occupational Safety, Fire Science, or other technical degree with experience.
• Preferred: Additional professional certification and/or a graduate degree in Emergency Management.
• Minimum 5 years in the fire science (i.e., Fire Service), Emergency Medical Technician and chemical industry.
• Preferred 10 years.
• Must have proven management and leadership experience.
•Must be capable of related position physical demands such as lifting dry and wet hoses, moving up/down stairways, climbing ladders, operating heavy equipment and carrying/lifting or moving people, including wearing of all types respiratory protection and vast PPE.
• Able to travel domestically and internationally.
• Must be able to use a computer for several hours each day.
• Mixture of field, within chemical production facility, and office
Sustainability is one of WACKER's corporate goals – also as an employer.We want you to remain productive, healthy and successful long term. Thatis why we offer, for example, comprehensive health management and a variety of advanced training programs and courses for individual development opportunities, alongside a good work-life balance. Naturally, we also have a fair compensation system and above-average social benefits. After all, social responsibility has a long tradition at WACKER.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/bvxqk9x6v88cvxj6
- Age: N/A
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: Minimum 5 years
How to Apply
Apply Online: http://www.Click2Apply.net/bvxqk9x6v88cvxj6