Probationary Firefighter - Firefighter/EMT
Firefighter/EMT (Basic or Paramedic)
Tiverton Fire Department Tiverton, RI - Tiverton, Rhode Island
- Application Deadline:
- 57279.04 annual
TIVERTON FIRE DEPARTMENT
IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR
Probationary Fire Fighter
DEFINITION:To protect life and property by combating, extinguishing, and preventing fires and providing emergency medical assistance.
DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS: Firefighter is a journey-level classification. Incumbents are expected to perform the full range of duties of a Firefighter.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED: General supervision is provided by superior officers.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Depending upon assignment, duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Respond to fire with a fire company, enter burning buildings with hose lines, operate nozzles, and extinguish the fire as directed.
- Operate hand fire extinguishers, fog nozzles, and similar equipment in extinguishing fires; raise, lower, and climb ladders; and ventilate burning buildings to carry off smoke and gases.
- Rescue persons from danger and administer medical aid as necessary.
- Perform salvage operations such as throwing covers, evacuating water, removing debris, and performing general cleanup at the fire scene.
- Perform routine housekeeping duties at a fire station, such as mowing grass, making beds, cleaning walls, washing windows, and sweeping floors.
- Perform limited repair and maintenance work on fire equipment and apparatus.
- Attend in-service training sessions to learn firefighting strategies and tactics, equipment operation, medical aid, and street and hydrant locations.
- Perform business inspections.
- Make presentations on fire safety and burn prevention to schools, service clubs, or other public gatherings.
- Promote fire safety and burn prevention among public contacts.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Probationary Salary (date of hire to completion of first year of service) $750.61 Per week
- Third Class Fire Fighter (after one year of service including Probationary year) $972.99 Per week
- Second Class Fire Fighter (after two years of service including Probationary Year) $1035.90 Per week
- First Class Fire Fighter (after three years of service including Probationary Year) $1101.52 Per week
- Paramedic Certification $57.50 Per week
- EMT- Cardiac $52.50 Per week
ABOUT TIVERTON FIRE DEPARTMENT (and/or) TOWN OF TIVERTON
- Tiverton is a Town located in the North East corner of Rhode Island, abutting the Fifth largest city in Massachusetts, Fall River.
- The Population of Tiverton is approximately 17,000
- The Tiverton Fire Department currently has two active open positions we are looking to fill.
- The Tiverton Fire Department provides both Fire and Emergency Services with a total call volume of 3100 calls
- We provide Mutual Aid to Fall River Mass, Little Compton RI, Westport Mass, Portsmouth RI and all surrounding communities.
- The Town of Tiverton is bordered on the west by the Sakonnet River and is connected to Aquidneck Island by the Sakonnet River Bridge.
- The department operates out of three fire stations, operating the following equipment;
- Three Engines – Engine 3 is an ALS operated Engine Company
- Two ALS Medical transporting units
- A 2500 Gallon Water Tender
- A Dodge power wagon brush unit
- One Squad unit
- A 19’ Motor Boat
- A 14’ Boston Whaler
- Age: Must be eighteen years of age
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Experience: N/A
- EMT Basic- (EMT Cardiac or Paramedic preferred)
- Valid Drivers’ license
- Current PPA at time of hire - http://rifirechiefs.com/ppa-info/
- Written Examination
- Interviews with the Tiverton Personnel Board
- Must pass a medical evaluation
- Must pass a Psychological Evaluation
- Extensive Background check
How to Apply
Applications are being accepted online through FirefighterApp.com only by Feb 21st, 2018 at 4:00pm sharp! To apply, go to: www.FirefighterApp.com/TivertonFire