Pawtucket Fire Department - Pawtucket, Rhode Island
- Application Deadline:
- 1012.53 weekly
CITY OF PAWTUCKET NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR
Protection of life and property within the City from fire; the enforcement of all laws, ordinances and regulations relating to fire prevention, fire safety and the fire training; emergency medical services and hazardous materials responses. Participates in the work of controlling and extinguishing fires and the maintenance and operation of fire department equipment and property; delivery of emergency medical care to the sick and injured; performs related duties as required.
++DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF WORK++**: **
Work involves responsibility for rapidly and efficiently performing specialized duties under emergency conditions, which frequently involve considerable personal hazard. Although fire fighting is the most responsible part of the work, a major part of duty hours is spent in routine company duties in maintaining Fire Division property and equipment. Specific orders and directions are given by superior officers, but the work requires a thorough understanding of fire fighting methods and Emergency Medical Services.
++ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK++**: **
Responds to fire alarms with a company and performs tasks necessary to control and extinguish fires, including handling of hose, raising and climbing ladders. Performs emergency medical services and salvage operations. Operates motor-driven fire apparatus. Performs routine maintenance and cleaning work in a fire station; cleans and repairs fire apparatus and equipment. Attends company drill in the company station and training school as required. Makes periodic inspections of buildings in an assigned district to observe fire hazards and to study the physical construction and layout of structures. Inspects and removes snow and ice from hydrants; reports to company station for multiple alarm and emergencies when off duty.
++DESIRABLE ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILL++**: **
Ability to understand the necessity for and willingness to observe the rigid discipline required in the Fire Division. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with others. Physical strength and agility to do prolonged and arduous physical work under adverse conditions.
We are pleased by your interest in a career as a Firefighter with the City of Pawtucket. In order for your application to be considered complete, you **must **submit the following documents:
- A photocopy of your Birth Certificate or US-INS Papers.*
- A photocopy of your High School Diploma or GED.*
- A photocopy of your valid driver’s license.*
- A ++certified copy++ of your driving record (no more than 60 days from application period) from your ++state of residence++.*
- A ++certified copy++ of Bureau of Criminal Identification (B.C.I.) report (no more than 60 days from application period) from your ++state of residence++.*
- Must have a valid certificate of successful completion of the Rhode Island Association of Fire Chiefs Physical Performance Assessment (PPA) issued after April 1, 2018.*
- A photocopy of your valid Rhode Island Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-Basic) License, EMT-Cardiac License, or Paramedic License.
- If you do not have one of the above RI licenses, you will need to have your National Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification pending a Rhode Island EMT-Basic License by the date of the Oral Interview.
*If you fail to provide these items at the time you submit your application, we will not be able to accept your application. Please keep this in mind as you complete your application and prepare your documentation.
RECRUITMENT PROCESS FOLLOWING THE APPLICATION:
- Written Exam: January 12, 2019. There will be a $50 non-refundable examination fee due on the day of the written examination (Bank check or money order ONLY made payable to: City of Pawtucket.
- Oral Interview
- Must pass a Psychological Exam, Physical Examination and Drug Screening.
Candidates on the current list will need to reapply
The City of Pawtucket is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action and fully complies with
the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Minorities and Women are encouraged to apply.
- Age: 18+
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Experience: NONE
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements to apply:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be a High School graduate or possess a General Education Diploma (GED).
- Must present a valid driver’s license.
- Must provide a certified copy of your driving record (no more than 60 days from application period) from your state of residence.
- Must provide a certified copy of your Bureau of Criminal Identification (B.C.I.) report (no more than 60 days from application period) from your state of residence.
- Must have a valid Rhode Island Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-Basic) License, EMT-Cardiac License, or Paramedic License. If you do not have one of the above RI licenses, you will need to have your National Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification pending a Rhode Island EMT-Basic License by the date of the Oral Interview.
- Must present a valid certificate of successful completion of the RI Association of Fire Chiefs Physical Performance Assessment (PPA) issued after April 1, 2018.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE AT www.FirefighterApp.com/PawtucketFire