Stratford Fire Department - Stratford, Connecticut
- Application Deadline:
- 75323.60 annual
TOWN OF STRATFORD
ENTRY LEVEL FIREFIGHTER EXAM
STRATFORD, CONNECTICUT $60,983.87 - $75,323.60 (As of 7/1/18)
The Town of Stratford seeks qualified applicants for the position of Firefighter. Candidates must take and pass a written exam, oral examination, medical exam, drug screen, background investigation and psychological evaluation.
The written test is scheduled for January 19, 2019 in the Bunnell High School cafeteria, 1 Bulldog Boulevard, Stratford, CT 06614. Candidates will be notified if there is a weather related cancellation/reschedule date. The Town of Stratford reserves the right to limit the number of candidates invited to each selection process after the written test.
The Town of Stratford is an equal opportunity employer. Female and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Age: 18 years old by Dec. 31, 2018
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Experience: NONE
- High School Diploma or State Equivalency Certificate (GED)
- 18 years old by December 31, 2018.
- Valid motor vehicle license
- U.S. Citizen
- Possess a valid (not older than one year) CPAT card at the time of conditional offer.)
- Town will accept accredited out of state CPAT certifications.
- Possess a Certified EMT at the time of conditional offer
- Points awarded toward exam for veterans & local residents of the Town (documentation must be provided for both with your application and will be validated by the Town)
- Points awarded for SEMS Volunteer/Employee for two (2) years
Applicants who do not have a valid CPAT card at the time of a conditional offer of employment will be bypassed but kept on the eligibility list. **Eligibility lists are typically valid for two to three years. ** Information on CPAT can be found at www.ct.gov/cfpc.
How to Apply
Applications for the position of Entry Level Firefighter must be submitted online. No paper applications will be accepted. For additional job information and to submit an application go to: www.FireFighterApp.com/StratfordCT.