Cabarrus County Government - Concord, North Carolina
- Application Deadline:
- 18.90 annual
Hiring range for this position is $34,507.20 - 39,312.00. Initial placement for new employees is customarily at entry level through 25% percentile. Pay grade for this position is 12.
General Definition of Work: This position is responsible for providing fire-suppression response to protect life and property by controlling and extinguishing fires. Responds to medical emergencies and after-effects of other hazardous conditions. This position also maintains firefighter equipment and provides training to the general public on fire prevention awareness/education. Performs other duties as assigned by Fire Captain/Lieutenant.
Examples of Duties
* Receives and responds to fire/rescue related incidents. Performs duties related to emergency operations involving rescue, fire suppression, and hazardous materials incidents.
* Maintains apparatus and equipment for emergency response.
* Performs daily activities by completing incident reports and daily logs, entering records of equipment check and repairs and maintaining facility and grounds.
* Assists with initial fire investigations to determine cause and origin and request fire investigator on call as needed.
* Ensures personnel safety and compliance with CFR 1910.120.
* Assists County Fire Departments with pre-fire planning.
* Assists with fire prevention/education programs.
* Performs work during emergency/disaster situations.
* Performs related tasks as required.
**Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: **
Maintains considerable knowledge of firefighting, rescue, hazardous materials and other emergency related operations; Maintain a working knowledge of computer programs necessary to accurately use and maintain fire reports, inspection records, and other related systems and databases; Working knowledge of firefighting and fire behavior. Ability to conduct research to stay abreast on all aspects of current fire science and fire protection technology information; Knowledge of medical responder treatment protocols; Ability to assist county fire service on emergency incidents as required; Ability to effectively deal with the public during periods of extreme crisis; Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all segments of the population, often during high stress situations.
- Age: n/a
- Education: SEE JOB POSTING
- Experience: N/a
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalency and at least one (1) to two (2) years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Candidate must possess the following certifications/credentials: NC Firefighter (previously NC Firefighter Level II) - IFSAC and/or Pro-Board certification from another state may be accepted based on the candidate's ability to meet the NC reciprocity transfer process; National Incident Management System (NIMS) Levels IS-100.b, IS-200.b, IS-700.a, and IS-800.b; Emergency Medical Technician (EMT); Hazardous Materials Responder (Operations Level) and NC Technical Rescuer or the ability to obtain this certification within (2) years of employment.
How to Apply
FOR MORE DETAILS AND TO APPLY VISIT: