Firefighter/EMT (Basic or Paramedic)
Lockwood Fire Department - Billings, Montana
- Application Deadline:
- 43900 annual
The Lockwood Fire District, in Billings MT. is now accepting applications for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic. Positions are regular, full-time and are represented by the Lockwood Firefighters Local 3658. The qualified candidate will be offered an interview, and is subject to background investigation if offered employment. New employees may be required to attend a 10 week firefighter academy at some time during the employee’s probationary period.
All interested candidates must apply with the Lockwood Fire District 8 using the District’s online application. The closing date for this application is August 30th 2019. A cover letter and resume, should accompany the application. Applications can be obtained online at Lockwoodfire.com or by calling 1-406-252-1460 and requesting an application.
Must provide the following prior to interview
· Possess a High School diploma or General Educational Development equivalency (GED);
· Be at least 18 years of age
· Current National Registry or Montana EMT-Paramedic certification.
· Current National Registry EMT, with documentation that you are enrolled in an accredited paramedic program. Candidate must pass the National registry test for EMT-Paramedic.
Eligibility for Employment will require that the candidate must:
· Meet minimum health and physical qualifications as established by the Lockwood Fire Department referencing NFPA 1582 Standard on Comprehensive Occupational Medical Program for Fire Departments.
· Pass a physical from a licensed physician of the Lockwood Fire District’s choosing. (paid by district)
· Demonstrate the ability and skills needed to perform as a firefighter/paramedic. A current certificate from a Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) will also be accepted as proof of physical ability.
· A current, valid driver's license, having been licensed for a minimum of two years, and insurable by the Fire District’s insurer. A Montana Driver’s License must be obtained within 3 months of hiring.
Pay and Benefits:
Full benefits can be obtained by request. The position offers a $4,200 annual stipend for licensed EMT-P, Medical benefits are paid for employee and include vision and dental. Coverage for family members are available at cost. Employee’s that successfully complete probation are eligible for an increase in salary to $43,868.29 after achieving the rank of Firefighter/Paramedic I and an additional increase to the salary of $45,777.39 after achieving the rank of Firefighter II.
- Age: NA
- Education: High school
- Experience: NA
How to Apply
online at lockwoodfire.com or phone and request an application