Entry Level Firefighter
Firefighter/EMT (Basic or Paramedic)
City of Athens - Athens, Texas
Nov 6, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 3, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $40064.00 annual
NOTICE TO PUBLIC
Entry-Level Fire Fighter Exam
Beginning salary: $40,064
The City of Athens Fire/Rescue will conduct a written entry exam and physical ability test to create an eligibility list for the position of Firefighter on Thursday, December 10th, 2020.
Written Test will begin at 9:00am
Report to the site by 8:50am
Location: The Texan: A Landmark Venue
209 E. Tyler St. ++Parking is located in the back++
Athens, TX 75751
The Physical Ability Test will follow at for all candidates who complete the written exam with a score of 70 or above beginning at 1:00pm.
Location: Athens Central Fire Department
610 S. Prairieville St.
Athens, Tx 75751
Applicants must meet minimum certification requirements as established by the Texas Commission on Fire Protection as well as score a minimum of 70% of correct answers on the written exam to be on the eligibility list. The eligibility list created from the exam will be in effect for 1 year following the date of the exam.
Interested candidates must complete the Application for Probationary Firefighter and the City of Athens Application for Employment which can be obtained from City Hall, located at 508 E. Tyler St., Athens, Texas. The completed applications must be submitted by returning to City Hall on or before Thursday, December 3rd, 2020 to be eligible to test.
On exam day, qualified applicants:
· Must provide a DD-214 to provide eligibility for an additional five (5) points of Military Service Credit (if applicable).
· Must present a valid form of government issued photo ID, such as a current driver’s license.
· May not bring any electronic devices into the testing room. These items are not permitted.
· Must turn in all materials at the end of the testing period. No testing materials may be removed from the testing facility.
For more information contact the Human Resources Department at 903-677-6612
Athens City Hall • 508 East Tyler St. • Athens, Texas 75751 • 903-675-5131 • Fax 903-675-7562
- Age: 18-35
- Education: Graduate of an accredited HS or have an equivalency certificate
- Experience: Possess certification or show evidence of enrollment for basic firefighter certification at or before the time of entrance exam
How to Apply
Applications can be picked up at City Hall or found on our website; www.athenstx.gov