City of Aurora Fire Department - Aurora, Illinois
Jan 25, 2023
- Application Deadline:
- Jan 25, 2024
- Entry Level:
- $$15.55 hourly
AURORA, CITY OF FIRE DEPARTMENT 75 NORTH BROADWAY AURORA, ILLINOIS 60505 (630)256-4000 https://www.aurora-il.org/
Updated: January 13, 2023
Job Classification: Fire Cadet
*The City of Aurora, IL is accepting applications for the position of Fire Cadet to establish an eligibility list. *
Under direct supervision, the Fire Cadet will serve as a trainee to the position of Fire Private. The Fire Cadet will perform routine station assignments to obtain a working knowledge of fire functions and may be assigned to work with a Fire Private in the field. Duties include but are not limited to: Assisting with administrative tasks; Station cleaning and maintenance; Answering and directing phone calls and walk-in visitors; Assisting with station tours; Participating in ride-alongs; Moving apparatus for maintenance and logistics; Other duties as assigned.
*Applicants must complete the following before moving forward in the selection process: *
- Visit: https://il-aurora.civicplushrms.com/careers/ to complete the City of Aurora Employment Application.
- Visit: www.nationaltestingnetwork.com to register and select testing location.
Beginning Salary: $15.55/hour
Contact Information: City of Aurora Human Resources Department 44 E. Downer Place Aurora, IL 60507 630-256-3419
To learn more about the City of Aurora, IL, visit https://www.aurora-il.org/about/aboutourcity.php
Minimum Requirements :
- 17 years of age but not yet attained 21 years of age at the time of test
- Attained senior class standing on the date of test, have graduated from an accredited high school, attained a GED (copy of GED certificate required), or a Home School certification through the Regional Superintendent of Schools
- Valid State of Illinois Class D driver’s license at the time of application
- Have a minimum high school grade point average of 2.00 on a scale of 4.0 or equivalent (Copy of high school transcript required at time of application.
- Be a United States citizen at the time of hire.
- Age: 21
- Education: High School grad/ GED
- Experience: N/A