City of Bowling Green Fire Department - Bowling Green, Kentucky
Apr 23, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- May 31, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $$42,603 annual
WRITTEN TEST DATE: Thursday, June 17 and Saturday, June 19
++***CARRYOVER TEST SCORES****++ This year firefighter applicants have the option to carryover last year's (2020) written test scores. Applicants will still be required to submit a pre-polygraph questionnaire (Form I-2) and complete the Personality Assessment Inventory (PAI) in order to be considered for the position.
DUTIES: Provides protection of life and property through general firefighting activities. Duties and responsibilities include performing general firefighting; handling hazardous materials, and man-made and natural disasters; performing routine maintenance work in the upkeep of equipment and fire station; conducting inspections; and completing routine clerical work.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY:
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Age 18 by your written test date.
- Good driving, police, personal and employment record
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver's License
- Males between ages 18-26 need to be registered with Selective Services
IMPORTANT NOTICE: It is the applicant’s responsibility to obtain CPAT certification before the job offer date.
SALARY: $42,603 ($46,603 upon completion of basic training) plus a full benefits package)
HOURS: After training, one will work one 24 – hour shift and be off 48 hours. The work day starts at 7:00 a.m.
DOCUMENTS TO UPLOAD TO APPLICATION:
- Upload copy of High School Diploma/Transcript (if you have to request your transcript/diploma submit your application and forward the documents to HR once received)
- Upload copy of EMT Certification Card (if applicable)
- Upload copy of CPAT Certification (if already certified – must be valid until December 27, 2021)
AS CONFIRMATION OF YOUR APPLICATION SUBMISSION YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Test information
- Pre-Polygraph Questionnaire due on you written test date
The City of Bowling Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug - Free Workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
- Age: 18
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 0
How to Apply
Apply online: https://www.bgky.org/hr/jobs/more?AppliTrackJobId=618