Firefighter/EMT (Basic or Paramedic)
Skagit County Fire District #6 - Burlington, Washington
Jun 30, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Aug 14, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $$110 per month stipend plus per call stipend of $13.50-$15.76 per call depending on IFSAC Certifications. monthly
Resident Firefighters are individuals who are selected to take residency within Skagit County Fire Protection District No. 6 Bay Ridge Station. The Resident Firefighter will be provided living accommodations and basic utilities at no cost and will be expected to fill on duty station shifts in return. Residents are currently required to fill shifts of 24 hours on and 96 hours off on a rotating basis.
BENEFITS RESIDENT FIREFIGHTERS ENJOY
• Ability to become a member of our outstanding Fire Department
• Opportunity to obtain necessary hands on experience and training to start a career
• Private individual room with common kitchen, bathroom at no charge
• Opportunity to live in a fire department setting.
• Alarm response and firefighter duty assignment experience
• Use of volunteer day area including weight room
• IFSAC Firefighter 1/2; Instructor 1; Driver/Operator Pumper and Fire Officer 1/2
• Camaraderie and lifelong friendships
• Uniform and full protective structural equipment provided
• $110 per month stipend plus per call stipend of $13.50-$15.76 per call depending on IFSAC Certifications.
• Opportunity for 2-year AAS or AAS-T degree in Fire Protection Technology or Fire Service Administration.
- Age: 18
- Education: n/a
- Experience: Entry Level
• Must be 18 years of age
• Washington State EMT certification Preferred or enroll into the first available
• Current First Aid / CPR Preferred
• Possess and valid Washington State driver’s license with acceptable driving
• Provide a minimum of two year commitment to the program, unless otherwise
approved by the Fire Chief
• Interviews and physical agility test will be held multiple times per year as needed.
How to Apply
For additional information, resident firefighter application, and questions or to schedule
visits please contact Skagit County Fire Protection District #6 at 360-757-2891 or visit us
online at www.skagitfire6.com