Mid-County Fire Protection District - Camdenton (MO) - Camdenton, Missouri
Aug 2, 2023
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2024
- Entry Level:
- $N/A annual
- Preventing, combating and extinguishing fires with the goal of protecting lives, the environment and property
- Operating tools and equipment used for firefighting safely and effectively
- Providing appropriate medical care within their scope of knowledge in emergency situations
- Analyzing hazardous situations and thinking of quick solutions and actions
- Teaching and participating in training classes and drills
- Performing general maintenance on firefighting equipment
- Maintaining a clean environment in the department facilities
The Mid-County Fire Protection District offers a resident Intern program that will provide the necessary training and hands on experience to become a Career firefighter. The program requires a 2-year commitment of service while the district commits to certified training (IFSAC) opportunities through Missouri University Fire and Rescue training institute (MU FRTI); National Fire Acadamy (NFA); Missouri Division of Fire Safety; hands on training with professional career firefighters and free housing including internet, gym, kitchen and dorm like sleeping facilities (for the Participants).
Gain hands on experience
Improve your higher education.
Expand your professional connections.
- Age: 18 +
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: No experience required.
Must have a valid class F driver's license.
Pass a Physical agility test performed by MCFPD.
Must be willing to follow the guidelines set forth in the recruitment and retention resident rules and regulations.
How to Apply
To receive more information or to Apply for the internship program you can fill out the application form on our website at www.mcfpd.org