Firefighter/Paramedic (EMT-P); South Metro Fire Rescue, CO
Firefighter/EMT (Basic or Paramedic)
SOUTH METRO FIRE AND RESCUE - CENTENNIAL, Colorado
Oct 8, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Nov 1, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $$23.61 hourly
South Metro Fire Rescue is currently hiring for Entry Level and Experienced Paramedic/Firefighter. Please visit https://www.southmetro.org/411/Firefighter-Careers for job posting, testing information, hiring process timeline and more.All candidates must complete the FireTEAM test including the Public Safety Self Assessment (PSSA) no later than 11/01/2021 and have a CPAT certificate that is valid through 3/01/2022 to be considered.Compensation:
- 16 Week Academy - 23.61/Hour
- All candidates will go through 16-week academy regardless of previous experience and everyone is paid the same wage during academy.
- 2022 Paramedic/ Firefighter Wages
- Para IV $72,576
- Para III $90,720
- Para II $100,800
- Para I $112,000
Recruit Paramedic $23.61/ hour16-week Academy – Probationary $1,298.60/ week$23.61 x 40 hours = $944.40$35.42 x 10 hours OT = $354.20 Entry Paramedic IV Upon graduation from Academy $6,048/ month8 month - Probationary $24.85/ hour Experienced Paramedic Paramedic III $7,559.91/ monthUpon graduation from Academy $31.07/ hour**Move up steps annually on anniversary date**
- Experienced Paramedic/ Firefighters
- We value previous paid paramedic experience and are willing to compensate our new hires based on the paid experience they bring to SMFR.
- To qualify for experienced Paramedic pay upon completion of our 16-week academy, applicants must have a least 3 years of paid experience as a paramedic with a full-time fire service agency whose primary responsibility is fire protection and emergency medical service (or 3 years of full-time paramedic experience in an emergency medical services or medical field).
- SMFR strongly values education and in turn, compensates employees who have a degree with an education differential as follows:
- Associates 1% of base wage
- Bachelors 3% of base wage
- Masters 5% of base wage
- Ph.D. 6% of base wage
CONTACT INFORMATION:For all questions related to the Paramedic/Firefighter Hiring Process, please email Human Resources Employment at firstname.lastname@example.orgFor more information regarding the Paramedic/Firefighter Hiring Process please visit https://www.southmetro.org/411/Firefighter-Careers All communication throughout the testing process will be sent to the email address that you provided on your application. Please be sure to enter your email address correctly on your application and check your email frequently, including your junk or spam email folder. All applicants will be notified of their status via email by November 5, 2021.
Academy Certification : N/AJob Requirements :
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED).
- Must be 21 years of age or older by hire date of 3/1/2022.
- Valid FireTEAM test score through 3/1/2022.
- Valid CPAT certificate through 3/1/2022.
- Current Colorado State Paramedic Certification or National Registry Paramedic Certification.
- Current American Heart Association ACLS Provider.
- Current American Heart Association CPR Provider.
- Current PALS certification.
- Possess or be able to obtain a Colorado Driver License by hire date of 3/1/2022.
- Possess and maintain an acceptable driving record in accordance with SMFR’s Driving Records Policy.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check, criminal history review, physical, fitness/wellness assessment, medical evaluation, drug screen and psychological exam.
- In order to have the best-trained, most committed paramedics to serve our community, SMFR requires a commitment of a 5-year term of continuous employment as a Paramedic/Firefighter before being eligible for a position change (i.e. applying or competing for other internal promotional opportunities, transfers, or voluntary demotions), effective January 1, 2022. This in no way implies or creates a contract of employment for the 5-year term, as all SMFR policies and procedures are applicable
** PLEASE NOTE: SMFR does not permit the use of marijuana including the previous 12 months from contingent offer regardless of whether it is legal in the state of Colorado. **
- Age: 21
- Education: High School Grad/GED
- Experience: No experience necessary
National Testing Network Support
How to Apply
Schedule Your Test: 1. Go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com 2. Search for jobs by profession: Firefighter Jobs 3. Select all the agencies you wish to apply for 4. Schedule a Test at an NTN center or via Virtual Testing
Candidate Contact: National Testing Network Support 855-821-3761 email@example.com