Firefighter/EMT (Basic or Paramedic)
City of Barstow Fire District - City of Barstow, California
Apr 6, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Apr 30, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $$5,208.02 - $6,646.90 monthly
The Barstow Fire Protection District is currently recruiting for the position of Firefighter Paramedic. Under supervision, the Firefighter Paramedic will respond to fires, medcial emergencies, rescues and other situations, boht emergency and non-emergency, as requiared. The Firefighter Paramedic will eb expedcted to participate in daily fire station activities, including maintenance of hte station, grounds and equipment, various training activities, and other duties as assigned.
- Age: Candidates must be aminimum of 18 years of age
- Education: High school diploma or GED
- Experience: California State Fire Marshal FFI certificate or graduated from a California State Fire Marshal accredited Level I FFI academy
- Successful completion of either a Cal-JAC Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and/or Biddle test within 12 months of applicaiton deadline. Due to COVID-19, this requirement is amendd to also include: The ability to obtain successful completion of either the CPAT or Biddle prior to first day of employment.
- Valid State of California Class C Driver License and have a good driving record.
- Current CPR certification
- Current valid ICEMA EMT-P accreditation. ICEMA accreditation includes CAlifornia State paramedic license & ACLS certification.
How to Apply
Application materials can be accessed on the City's website at: http://www.barstowca.org
The required application materials should be sent or delivered to the following location:
City of Barstow Human Resources Office RE: Firefighter/Paramedic Recruitment 220 East Mountain View Street, Suite A Barstow, Ca. 92311 or email: email@example.com