EMT or Paramedic (EMS)
Coeur D' Alene Fire Department - Coeur D' Alene, Idaho
May 3, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- May 28, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $$17.96-$27.34 per hour based on a 56 hour workweek annual
The City of Coeur d'Alene Fire Department is looking for Firefighter/Paramedics to join their team!
Candidates who have taken and passed the Public Safety, Inc. Firefighter Exam and have sent their scores to the City of Coeur d'Alene ++will be invited to apply++ for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic. PST score must be from November 1, 2020, or later.
Firefighters protect the public in emergency situations; they respond to fires, accidents, medical emergencies, chemical spills, flooding, water rescue and other incidents where risks are posed to life and property. This job entails using sophisticated firefighting and rescue equipment, promoting fire safety, inspecting and enforcing safety standards, working with police and other emergency services, undertaking physical and academic training, and maintaining vehicles, equipment, hydrants, water supplies and general living/working quarters. Firefighters may also receive training for and assume specialty roles in high-rise training, ice rescue, lifeguard, confined space, fireboat operation, wildland apparatus, search and rescue and/or water rescue team or other areas. Wages and benefits: Current starting wage is $17.96 per hour plus $3.39 per hour Paramedic certification pay (56-hour workweek); eligible for eight (8) percent increase after one year of service with standard or above evaluation. Eligible for further increases after additional years of service. A generous benefit package is available and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI) is required. Firefighter/Paramedics do not pay into Social Security.
Working conditions: Firefighter/Paramedics work 24-hours shifts, averaging 10 per month (rotating 48 hours on and 96 hours off). Work schedules are fixed and prepared without regard to holidays, for which Firefighter/Paramedics are paid separately.
- Age: Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Education: High school diploma or G.E.D.
- License: Current valid state or national registry Paramedic License is required as a condition of employment.
- Physical: Successful applicants must pass the physical agility exam administered by the Coeur d'Alene Fire Department (this will be scheduled at a later date). A demonstration video of the physical agility requirements is available at the following link: ++https://www.cdaid.org/34/departments/hr/police-and-1ire++ Also must meet Idaho Department of Labor and Industrial Services Minimum Medical and Health Standards for Firefighters (vision: corrected to 20/30 with contact lenses or spectacles). NOTE: Conformance to Medical and Health Standards will be determined by physical examinations by the Department's designated physician prior to appointment, but will not be assessed during the examination process.
- Background: A thorough background investigation will be conducted on successful applicants prior to appointment.
- Drug Testing: A successful completion of drug and alcohol testing is a condition of employment.
- Other: Applicants must be U.S. citizens and must possess a valid driver's license at the time of testing.
- Age: 18
- Education: High School
- Experience: N/A
How to Apply
Go to: www.cdaid.org job posting page to apply