Task Force Coordinator
Texas A&M Forest Service - College Station, Texas
Sep 15, 2022
- Application Deadline:
- Oct 16, 2022
- Entry Level:
- $$46,000 annual
Lead, supervise and develop up to 12 Resource Specialists during emergencyresponse and day-to-day duties.
• Manage a combination of fire equipment that may include bulldozers (Type 1, 2 and 3), Type 3 tractor plows, engines (Type 3 and6), UTVs, service trucks and other miscellaneous equipment.
• Required to obtain a Class A commercial driver’s license within 180 days of employment to operate and drive a variety of equipment and vehicles. (It is recommended that applicants hold a Class A permit.)
• Assist with the capacity building of fire departments, which consists of the delivery of equipment and training as
well as attending meetings.
• Assist with public education and mitigation programs.
LOCATIONS: Beeville, Lubbock
Texas A&M University System strives to maintain a competitive, high-quality benefit package to support the health and wellness needs of our diverse workforce. This includes comprehensive health and welfare insurance plans, additional health and lifestyle programs and optional retirement savings opportunities. An additional benefit is a physical fitness,
or Work Capacity Test, incentive of $500 for passing the arduous test (walk three miles wearing a 45-pound pack in 45 minutes or less) that year.
- Age: any
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: No experience required
General Duties for Listed Fire Staff Positions
• Serve as an emergency responder for wildland fires and all-hazard incidents, such as hurricanes and winter storms, in Texas and nationally.
• Work on fuels reduction projects for mitigation and natural resource benefit.
• Maintain equipment, vehicles and facilities while also keeping up with administrative duties.
• Positions require employees meet a moderate physical fitness standard by passing the Work Capacity Test each year (walk 2 miles wearing a 25-pound pack in 30 minutes or less).
• There will be times where travel away from home unit, sometimes exceeding 14 days, is necessary. There is also a possibility of working holidays while on emergency response.
How to Apply
Vacancy Announcements will be open from September 26 - October 16, 2022.
All applications must be submitted online via Workday Jobs at https://tfsweb.tamu.edu/jobs/
For application assistance, call (979) 458-6690
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / VETERANS / DISABILI TY EMPLOYER