Fire Fighter - Seasonal
El Paso County Sheriff's Office - Colorado.Springs, Colorado
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level:
- $21.13 hourly
Essential Job Functions
Under the direction of a Wildland Fire Supervisor, the Fire Fighter is primarily transported by Engine or crew truck and is responsible for performing pre-suppression, fire prevention and wildland fire suppression activities for EPSO. The wildland fire suppression crew provides regional support for fires throughout the season and performs initial and extended attack fire fighting.
- Performs wildland fire duties including hand-line construction, water handling, general and aerial suppression support.
- Performs fire mitigation activities and training.
- Maintains accurate maintenance record books for support vehicle.
- Completes accurate Crew Time Reports (CTR) daily as requested by supervisor.
- Performs general facility and compound duties.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age at time of employment.
- Minimum one (1) season as a Fire Fighter Two (FFT2) preferred.
- Must be willing and capable of performing strenuous outdoor work safely and productively.
- Must be accepting of direction and act responsibly.
- Must act promptly and with good judgment in emergencies.
- Must interact tactfully with the public.
- Some positions may be subject to pre-employment drug testing and/or require the ability to operate a manual transmission fire truck.
- Must successfully complete "Arduous" Work Capacity Test.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Must pass background investigation, truth verification examination, drug screen, motor vehicle record check and physical examination.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado Driver's License.
- Current NWCG Firefighter Type 2 (FFT2) certification required prior to date of hire.
- Certificate of course completion for IS-700 and I-100 required prior to date of hire.
Work performed requires considerable physical exertion; working outdoors in all terrain and weather conditions, working long hours, and for extended periods of time. Must be able to carry up to 45 pounds, run, bend, twist, walk and/or climb. All fire personnel are required to wear safety clothing and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during regular work hours and while firefighting. This is a temporary position not to exceed five (5) months.
This job announcement is not intended to be inclusive of all functions, responsibilities and qualifications associated with the position, however, representative of the essential job functions and typical criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the position.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE AT: ++http://www.elpasoco.com++ For inquiries please call: 719-520-7401.
Each applicant is considered only for the current vacancy indicated on your application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to monitor any future openings and to submit a separate application for each position. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Any new employee and rehires must provide documentation of authorization to work as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (PL99-603).
EL PASO COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Age: 18
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent education
- Experience: Minimum one (1) season as a Fire Fighter Two (FFT2) preferred.
How to Apply
Please visit our website to complete an application.