City of Fayetteville, NC - Fayetteville, North Carolina
Jan 5, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Feb 4, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $37,000 annual
The Fayetteville Fire Department is currently accepting applications for certified and non-certified applicants. Starting salary for inexperienced/entry level Firefighters: $37,000/year.
Candidates must be available for hire upon receipt of a contingent offer in order to be considered.
- Must be 18 years of age prior to January 15, 2021.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must have no felony and limited misdemeanor convictions.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and, if out of state, be able to obtain a North Carolina driver's license appropriate for vehicle operating within 30 days of employment.
- Must have no loss of license within the past year and an acceptable driving record in accordance with the City of Fayetteville Driving Standard.
- ++Click here++ to view the City of Fayetteville's driving standard.
- Must be in good physical condition as required by the essential job functions and be willing to submit to drug screening and a complete physical (upon conditional offer of employment and while employed).
- Must be able to meet standards for NC EMT certification within one year of employment.
Experienced candidates who are able to demonstrate previous fire service career experience, and meet additional specific criterion may apply as a Lateral Hire applicant.
In order to qualify as a Lateral Hire Firefighter, at the time of application, applicants must be:
- Currently employed as a paid full time firefighter employed by a state, county, or municipal fire department; OR
- A retired firefighter who voluntarily separated (within the last 12 months) as a paid full-time firefighter from a state, county, or municipal fire department; OR
- A former paid firefighter who separated (within the last 12 months) as a result of lay-offs from full time employment by a state, county, or municipal fire department; WITH
- A minimum of one year firefighting experience while employed as a paid full-time firefighter by a state, county, or municipal fire department.
++Lateral Transfer Requirements:++
- Must meet all previously identified position requirements.
- Must possess a NC Firefighter II certification (must meet ProBoard/ IFSAC accreditation)
- Must possess Hazardous Materials Operations certification.
- Must possess a current State of North Carolina or National Registry EMT certification
- Must possess a current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
Lateral Firefighter starting salary range: $37,000 - $42,350/Year.
- Starting salary for Lateral Transfer applicants will be based upon verification of previous experience, certifications and alignment with the FFD Career Development program.
For a complete job description, ++click here++.
We invite you to tour our Fire Department recruitment site at ++bravethefire.com/++. By visiting this site, you may also find detailed information on requirements, benefits, and the recruitment process. For firefighter recruitment process updates, like us on Facebook.
++www.facebook.com/bravethefire++ This recruitment is for a Fire Training Academy scheduled to begin May 2021. The process will consist of a Written Exam, Physical Agility Test and a Panel Interview. The selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment drug screen, physical, a complete background investigation to include reference checks and driving history checks.++_____________________________________________________________________++
++Participation in each step of the process is by invitation only. Candidates will be notified via e-mail of the specific date, time and location for each step of the selection process.++
++Anticipated Written Exam Dates++: Thursday, February 04, 2021 Friday, February 05, 2021 Saturday, February 06, 2021
++Written Exam Location++: Smith Recreation Center1520 Slater Avenue, Fayetteville, NC 28301
Practice Physical Agility Test dates and Physical Agility Test dates TBD
++NOTE:++ Candidates must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the complete job description, unassisted, at a pace and performance level consistent with the bona-fide occupational qualification (BFOQ) requirements. This requires a high level of physical ability to include vision, hearing, speaking, flexibility, strength, etc.
- Age: 18
- Education: High School
- Experience: none
How to Apply
Must submit an online application at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/fayetteville