Firefighter/EMT (Basic or Paramedic)
Village of Tequesta - , Florida
Oct 6, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 1, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $$48,195 +15% Medic Pay upon successful completion of the Paramedic check-off program. annual
FIREFIGHTER I/PARAMEDIC Fire Rescue Department 48 hours weekly (shift work: 24 hours on 48 hours off)
Starting Salary: $48,195 +15% Medic Pay upon successful completion of the Paramedic check-off program. Extra pay incentive for certified divers and inspectors.
Qualification and Experience
Preferred candidate must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Hold current certification as a Firefighter in the State of Florida in accordance with Florida Statute, Chapter 633.34
- Be a certified Paramedic in the State of Florida in accordance with the Bureau of Emergency Medical Services Rules and Regulations 64J and in accordance with Florida Statute, Chapter 401
- Possess a valid State of Florida class “D” driver’s license without record of DUI arrest, reckless driving charges, suspension or revocation in any State, within the last three years.
- Have no felony convictions or disqualifying criminal histories within the last seven years.
- Be tobacco-free for twelve months prior to position appointment and remain smoke-free during your employment.
- Be able to pass a physical agility test
- Be able to pass a medical examination
- Be able to pass a thorough background check
Necessary Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Sound working knowledge of fire suppression and prevention principles, procedures, techniques and equipment.
- Sound working knowledge of first aid and resuscitation techniques and their application.
- Demonstrated ability to apply standard fire fighting and emergency aid techniques to specific situations and to apply standard fire fighting, emergency aid, hazardous materials, and fire prevention techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to perform strenuous or peak physical effort during emergency, training or station maintenance activities for prolonged periods of time under conditions of extreme heights, intense heat, cold or smoke.
- Demonstrated ability to act effectively in emergency and stressful situations.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
In addition to submitting your resume and cover letter, interested parties must complete the Fire Application form on the Employment Opportunities page of the Village’s website (www.tequesta.org) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with all the required documentation. Note that applications will NOT be considered without the fully completed package. Deadline: Open Until Filled. EOE, DFWP & M/F/V/D.
Note: The Village of Tequesta participates in E-Verify.
- Age: 18
- Education: HS diploma, State of FL certified Firefighter/Paramedic
- Experience: professional
How to Apply