Fire Services Content Developer
Lexipol Azure - Frisco, Texas
Aug 18, 2022
- Application Deadline:
- Oct 31, 2022
- Entry Level:
- $DOE annual
At Lexipol, our mission is to create safer communities and empower the individuals on the front lines with market-leading content and technology. Our top-notch team works closely with law enforcement, corrections, fire, and EMS professionals to better address today’s challenges and keep public safety personnel coming home safely at the end of each shift. Working at Lexipol means making a difference – day in and day out.
Lexipol is growing and is seeking an experienced Fire Services Content Developer to join our team! Individuals in this role will research, develop, author, review and recommend all written content, including policy, policy training, e-learning course lesson plans, accreditation guides, Today’s Tips scripts, articles, blog posts, white papers, and others – for the Lexipol Fires Services product line.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop and prepare new policy content and updates to existing policy content for multiple jurisdictions.
- Research to identify current and future policy needs based on trends, best practices, case law, accreditation standards and other influences.
- Evaluate policies and research content to ensure compliance with various state laws, regulations or standards and recommend change and updates as necessary.
- Collaborate with industry experts and internal teams to develop content for publication using various resources and collaborative tools.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions in scope and format.
- Participate in team meetings and other collaborative assignments.
- Manage priorities to complete assignments within designated timeframes.
- Stay abreast of new trends and innovations in law enforcement, legal and risk management fields.
- Maintain electronic records, logs, and files
- Confer with clients, subject matter, and industry experts. Participate in group meetings to determine content to be developed for publication
- Develop e-learning course lesson plans and assist Learning Team members as required
- Conduct training needs assessments, identify learning objectives, and develop training plans
- Develop Lexipol’s Daily Training Bulletins, Today’s Tips, and other training content as assigned
- Complete assignments to department standards within establish deadline
- Critically review and edit content developed by others
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders including legal and editorial teams to provide high quality, error-free work product for our clients
- Interpret accreditation body standards and identify existing content which addresses designated standards
- Respond to client and potential client inquiries within expected timeframes
- Create and update Release Notes and Guide Sheets to document all changes to content and instruct clients in the appropriate steps to update and accept required changes
- Understanding of the purpose of policy and possesses the ability to evaluate material for applicability in policy content for national law enforcement agency customers.
- Strong knowledge of English composition and grammar standards.
- Passion for developing and effectively presenting information and ideas in writing.
- Ability to comprehend and present information and ideas as part of a collaborative process in a remote-work environment
- Ability to research case law, policies and procedures and other publications. Identify and understand the implication for both current and future policy and other related content.
- Possess heightened attention to detail, enabling the detection of inconsistencies in format, citations, and context
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in using Microsoft Office and the ability to learn specialized software systems.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work with little supervision within a home-office setting.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in the fire service serving as a Battalion Chief, Division Commander, or equivalent rank.
- Minimum five (5) years participation in the research/development, writing, review and application of policies and procedures and the application of law to fire service activities.
- Minimum education consisting of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited educational institution.
- Lexipol offers a base salary with an annual bonus and a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan with company match and paid time off.
Lexipol empowers first responders and public servants to best meet the needs of their residents safely and responsibly. We are the experts in policy, training, and wellness support, committed to improving the quality of life for all community members. Our solutions include state-specific policies, online learning, behavioral health resources, funding assistance, and industry news and information offered through the websites Police1, FireRescue1, EMS1, Corrections1 and Gov1. Lexipol serves more than 2million public safety and government professionals in over 10,000 agencies and municipalities. For additional information, visit www.lexipol.com.
**Lexipol provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Age: 30
- Education: Bachelors
- Experience: Minimum five (5) years of experience in the fire service serving as a Battalion Chief, Division Commander, or equivalent rank
How to Apply
to apply online, submit resumes by clicking this link: Recruitment (adp.com)