Origin and Cause Fire Investigator/Forensic Fire Investigator CENTRAL FLORIDA
Jack Ward Fire Consultants - Green Cove Springs, Florida
Mar 16, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Apr 30, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $Hourly hourly
Jack Ward Fire Consultants is a Florida based consulting firm that conducts fire investigations within the United States and abroad. We are a team of investigators with over 250 years of combined experience. Our mission is to provide our clients with thorough investigations and timely reports to assist them with their claims process. We always deliver quality customer service and the highest level of integrity. We pride ourselves in being a progressive, exceptional, technologically advanced origin and cause investigation company.
We are currently seeking certified, experienced fire and explosion investigators in the Central Florida area.
Responsibilities and Duties of Fire Investigator:
· Determine origin and cause of a fire on structure, vehicle and marine losses
· Photographically document fire scene and investigation
· Secure physical evidence
· Identify and interview witnesses or persons involved
· Communicate effectively with clients so that a timeline is provided and assist them in making decisions on the claim process
· Prepare written reports documenting methodology of determining the cause of a fire
· Expertly testify in both State and Federal Court to your origin and cause determination
· Maintain Continuing Education
Qualifications and Skills for Fire Investigator:
· Fire Service Background
· IAAI-CFI or NAFI-CFEI for at least 3 years
· Extensive knowledge of NFPA 921 and 1033
· Prior expert Trial and Deposition Testimony
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Computer, iPad, and iPhone literate
· Above average interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with clients in diverse arenas
· Ability to travel with short notice
· Strong work ethic
· Work remotely, self-motivated
· Ability to pass a background check and drug screening
Physical Requirements for Fire Investigator: Frequently required to perform the following:
· Stand on one’s feet for prolonged periods of time.
· Lift and/or move objects weighing 50-100 lbs.
· Climb onto first and second story roofs, ascend/descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, etc.
· Balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
· Reach with hands and arms.
· Drive a vehicle for extended periods of time.
- Age: over 18
- Education: CFI and/or CFEI
- Experience: 3 years
How to Apply
Individuals interested in joining our team of professional, disciplined, and sharply focused investigators should submit the following:
· Curriculum Vitae clearly outlining all employment, experience, and education
· Detailed testimony list
Job Type: Full-time