EMT or Paramedic (EMS)
Reedy Creek Improvement District - Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Jan 11, 2022
- Application Deadline:
- Mar 4, 2022
- Entry Level:
- $19.47 hourly
Interested in becoming a Paramedic for the “Magic Behind the Magic” ?
Reedy Creek Improvement is now hiring.
All inquiries regarding NTN requirements should be directed to National Testing Network at 866-563-3882 or via the following link: https://nationaltestingnetwork.com/publicsafetyjobs/contact.cfm
- ++All ++candidates are required to complete the following assessments via National Testing Network (NTN) as soon as possible: FireTEAM Written Exam (no minimum required).
- Submit online application with all documents that show you meet all minimum requirements in page 3 of the application under additional documents.. Please note: When submitting your online application, combine as many document copies into one PDF file as possible. Only six separate attachments are allowed to be attached with your application. In addition, if you are currently working on obtaining any one of the requirements, we recommend to only finish submitting your online application once you complete the certification(s)/requirements to then submit your application with supporting documents, as long as the posting is still open and available.
- Only candidates who pass the above required steps and are assessed by the Fire Dept. panel, will be contacted for next steps.
Note: NTN scores are valid for up to one year from testing date. Once NTN testing & requirements have been completed, interested candidates should wait to be contacted further. Once NTN results are compiled, RCID will reach out to those selected on an “invite only” basis for the next phase of the hiring process.
***Candidates who do not complete all phases (FireTEAM) will not be considered to move forward in the process. Please be advised the hiring process can be a several month long process. Only candidates who are being considered for the next step in the process will be contacted. ***
Position Summary: Administers life support care, on an assigned shift, to sick and injured persons in a pre-hospital setting as authorized, assigned and directed by the District.
- Responds to and appropriately mitigates emergency and non-emergency medical and related incidents.
- Assesses nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures to be followed.
- Maintains knowledge and proficiency in medical protocols as set forth by the Medical Director.
- Provides advanced life support medical treatment as required.
- Monitors and records patient's vital signs and information.
- Completes reports and other required documents.
- Communicates with on-line medical direction via radio and/or telephone.
- Conducts Public Education Programs as assigned.
- Maintains knowledge of District Policies, Fire Department Rules and Regulations, Operating Procedures, Guidelines, Orange County Protocols and Contract.
- Assesses nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures to be followed. Maintains knowledge and proficiency in medical protocols as set forth by the Medical Director.
- Operates District vehicles, tools, appliances and equipment.
- Maintains familiarity with assigned area and hospital locations/designations.
- Maintains issued clothing and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- State of Florida Paramedic License
- Orange County Paramedic License (within 90 days)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Provider
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Provider
- Emergency Vehicle Operator Course (EVOC) series completion or equivalent
- Valid Florida Driver License and maintain insurability under the District's commercial vehicle coverage.
Preference will be provided for:
- Associates Degree or higher
Other Requirements: The following requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and is not intended to be inclusive. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, as defined by law, to perform any essential functions.
Physical Requirements: Most essential functions require muscular strength and endurance, aerobic capacity, flexibility and equilibrium. Paramedics shall maintain sufficient physical ability to perform essential functions.
Driving Requirements: Must possess a valid Florida State Driver's license and maintain eligibility under the District's commercial vehicle program.
Hours: 40 Hours per week with 8, 10, 12, or 16 hour shifts or some combination thereof.
The starting hourly rate for this position is $19.47; $40,500/yr.
_In addition to a competitive compensation package, the District participates in the Florida Retirement System (FRS) for its retirement benefits, and offers great medical, dental and vision benefits, fitness center access, comprehensive wellness program, work/life balance, perks and more! _
- Age: 18
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: N/A
How to Apply
Apply online and complete NTN instructions: https://reedycreek.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/24?c=reedycreek&source=firesource