Firefighter/EMT (Basic or Paramedic)
LEE'S SUMMIT FIRE DEPT. - LEES SUMMIT, Missouri
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level:
- $47,000 annual
The City of Lee's Summit Fire Department is seeking highly motivated and qualified applicants to fill current openings for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic. The Lee's Summit Fire Department is committed to retaining a diverse, progressive and competitive workforce to provide exceptional service to the citizens and visitors of Lee's Summit. The department is accredited by the Commission on Fire Accreditation International and is an ISO Class 2 department providing Fire Protection and EMS service to the 6th largest city in Missouri with a population of greater than 97,000.
- High school diploma or certificate of equivalency
- 18 years of age at time of application
- Valid state drivers license with good driving record
- Good physical condition as generally outlined in NFPA 1582 – "Medical Requirements for Firefighters"
- MO State Paramedic License or National Registry Paramedic License
- MO Division of Fire Safety Firefighter I and II Certification or certification eligible for reciprocity in Missouri
- MO Division of Fire Safety Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations Certification or certification eligible for reciprocity in Missouri
- Current Candidate Physical Ability Test Certification (waived for applicants with two (2) years or greater fire service experience)
Firefighters work a 48/96 schedule with a starting salary of $47,000. Pay is adjusted as outlined in the newly implemented step pay system. In addition to progressing within the Firefighter/Paramedic step plan, you will also have the opportunity to promote into the rank of Engineer (Fire Apparatus Operator) steps after completion of all requirements and five (5) years of satisfactory service. The department offers an excellent benefit package including employer paid health, dental and life insurance, in addition to Lagers L-6 (non-contributory) retirement plan and education reimbursement up to 12 credit hours per year. Additionally 24 hour shift employees are allowed to accrue and carry over up to 480 hours of vacation leave and accrue 288 hours of sick leave annually with a maximum accrual of 4,320 hours.
- Age: 18
- Education: High school diploma or certificate of equivalency
- Experience: 2 years