Firefighter/EMT (Basic or Paramedic)
National Testing Network - Lynnwood, Washington
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level:
- $$49,003 annual
The Sheridan, West Valley, and Southwest Polk Fire Districts are continuously hiring for Firefighter/Paramedic. These departments require the FireTEAM test for this position.
The position of Firefighter/Paramedic is to perform firefighting and emergency medical services, including but not limited to, fire prevention, control and extinguishment, driving and operating firefighting apparatus and emergency vehicles, rescue, medical treatment, training, public education and station maintenance duties.
***These departments are NOT requiring the CPAT, the Personal History Questionnaire(PHQ), or the Work Attitudes Questionnaire(WAQ) at this time.***
Salary Information: $49,003 to $57,316 per year effective 7/1/2019
Department Information: Sheridan and West Valley Fire Districts are currently working together under one Fire Chief. Starting July 1, 2019, Southwest Polk Fire District will join them creating a response area over 500 square miles in size and staffing 5 stations. The Districts are working together to create one hiring process for the combined districts. Currently, the Districts have positions available for both Firefighter EMT’s as well as Firefighter Paramedics.
- Age: 18+
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Experience: See below
QUALIFICATIONS : ++General Qualifications Include:++
- Must be 18 years or older
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Have a valid Oregon driver’s license at time of appointment and maintain throughout employment
- Have an acceptable driving record and be insurable by District’s insurance carrier.
- Must possess ability to act promptly and use good judgment in emergencies and to deal tactfully with the public.
- Must have ICS 200 and 700 certifications
++Minimum Qualifications Include:++
- Must possess and maintain an Oregon EMT Paramedic certification
- Must pass an annual medical physical based on NFPA standard 1582
- DPSST Firefighter I, Firefighter II within one year
- ACLS certified. Certification must be maintained
++Preferred Qualifications Include:++
- DPSST Firefighter II Certification
- DPSST Fire Instructor I Certification
- Associates/Bachelor's Degree in related field
National Testing Network Support