Firefighter/EMT (Basic or Paramedic)
National Testing Network - Lynnwood, Washington
Mar 30, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Sep 25, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $$13.18 hourly
Washington Township (Montgomery County) is currently hiring for part-time Firefighter/EMT positions to perform all functions associated with fire suppression, EMS, technical rescue, hazardous materials, fire prevention and station and equipment maintenance activities.
Applicants must fill out a Washington Township application at www.washingtontwp.org or apply in person between 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Washington Township Government Center, 8200 McEwen Rd. Dayton, OH 45458. Completed application materials must include all requested certifications and documentation, DD214 (If applicable) and a signed background release form.
Salary Information: As of 12/26/15, the starting pay for a: Firefighter I/EMT-Basic is $13.18 per hour Firefighter II/EMT-Basic is $13.71 per hour Firefighter I/EMT-Paramedic is $14.26 per hour Firefighter II/EMT-Paramedic is $14.83 per hour Pay tops out at $19.51 per hour and is based on certifications and experience.
Department Information: Washington Township is the fourth largest township in Ohio which is located in Dayton, OH.
- Age: 18+
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Experience: See below
Valid OHIO State Driver's License : Yes
Ability to Read/Speak English : Yes
License and Certificates Required :
- Possession of a valid Ohio Firefighter I or higher certification
- Possession of a valid Ohio EMT-Basic or higher certification
- Possession of a valid CPR certification
- Possession of a valid NIMS ICS-100 and IS-700 training certificates
- Applicant must be high school graduate or equivalent
- Must possess and maintain a valid Ohio driver’s license and remain insurable under the Township’s vehicle insurance plan. Demonstrate the ability to legally and safely drive and operate all fire department EMS vehicles.
- Must have a valid CPAT certificate or must receive a passing score on a physical agility test (at applicant’s expense) as designated by Washington Township prior to being hired.
- Must have a passing score on a written test, as designated by Washington Township prior to being hired.
- Possession of Montgomery County, Ohio standing orders will be required within three months of hire date.
- Possession of a valid Hazardous Material Operations certification is required within one year of hire date.
- (Paramedic Only) Possession of a valid ACLS Provider certification
National Testing Network Support