Reserve Firefighter/EMT or Firefighter/Paramedic (Possible FT position)
Firefighter/EMT (Basic or Paramedic)
National Testing Network - Lynnwood, Washington
Apr 7, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Oct 2, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $$12 hourly
The Williamson Valley Fire District is currently building an eligibility list for Reserve Firefighter/EMT or Firefighter/Paramedic. This cycle of hiring will be open continuously.
This position requires both FireTEAM and CPAT testing. Candidates must fill out a Williamson Valley Fire District application that can be obtained at the District offices or online at www.wvfd.net.
Department Information: Rural/ Suburban all hazards Fire, Rescue, EMS agency that protects approx. 300 sq miles of primarily rural area including, a small town, ranches, and a heavy industrial copper mining operation out of 2 stations.
- Age: 18+
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Experience: See below
Valid ARIZONA State Driver's License : Yes and be insurable by the District insurance carrier for operation of District vehicles
Ability to Read/Speak English : Yes
Vision : Must meet NFPA 1582 Physical requirements
Necessary Certifications :
- Posses a current AZ State EMT-B or EMT-P certification
- Possess a current CPR for the Healthcare Provider card from an accredited agency
- For Paramedics only- possess current ACLS and PALS from an accredited agency
- Posses AZ State Firefighter I & II Certification (or valid IFSAC Firefighter II)
- Received Hazardous Materials First Responder (Operations) Training
- Posses a current Wildland Firefighting credentials (S130/190)
Schooling Prior and Post Hiring : Associates (or higher) degree in Fire Science or related field highly desirable
Specific Disqualifiers/Behaviors : Felony, Criminal Activity Disqualifiers No Felony convictions, no misdemeanor convictions within the last 3 years, no convictions of any crimes involving moral turpitude.
Driving Disqualifiers DUI/ DWI conviction within the past 3 years. Less than 8 points against driving record in past 3 years
Drug Use Disqualifiers No Illicit drug use – pre employment drug screen.
National Testing Network Support