Firefighter/EMT (Basic or Paramedic)
Town of Westwood - , Massachusetts
Sep 13, 2023
- Application Deadline:
- Oct 6, 2023
- Entry Level:
- $$62,995 annual
The Town of Westwood, MA is accepting applications to establish a recruitment list for entry-level Firefighter/Paramedics.
Minimum qualifications are:
· Massachusetts or Nationally registered EMT-B (must obtain paramedic certification within 24 months of hire)
Preference will be given to individuals who are:
· Certified Paramedics with current ACLS and CPR certifications (at time of hire).
· MA or Pro-Board Firefighter I & II certification.
· Currently enrolled in a Paramedic Program with a completion date within 6 months of application date.
· Individuals with Veteran’s status and/or current residents meeting minimum qualifications.
· Lateral transfers are welcome to apply.
The Westwood Fire Department is a non-civil Service, progressive, full-time career department that works closely with our public safety colleagues and all stakeholders in our community. The Town of Westwood is a growing community with more than 1.5 million sq. ft. of retail shopping, office space, and residential development with a resident population of approximately 16,000 people. The Department provides traditional fire services, advanced life support/EMS transport, hazardous materials response/mitigation, and community-based fire prevention and risk reduction activities. Westwood is an extremely safe and engaged community supportive of public safety.
The Town of Westwood is an equal-opportunity employer.
The Town offers a competitive compensation package tied directly to your training and experience. The starting salary for FF/Paramedic is $62,995 ($65,417 in FY25 and $86,526 in FY26) with additional compensation for education and significant opportunity for additional income from private detail work and overtime. Candidates with diverse personal, professional, and educational backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Age: 18 years minimum
- Education: Certified Paramedic with current ACLS and CPR certifications
- Experience: Entry Level Position
How to Apply
· As a part of the hiring procedure, candidates will be subject to an application process, background investigation, psychological examination, pre-employment physical including drug screen, and a physical ability test (PAT).
· Eligibility for inclusion on our employment list occurs after the completion of the required application form and successfully completing the application questionnaire, interview process, and required pre-employment testing.
· The process will be ongoing until positions are filled with a first look at candidates scheduled for October 6, 2023, or when we have received 50 applications.
To apply, please visit the Jobs section of the Town of Westwood website: https://www.townhall.westwood.ma.us/departments/human-resources/employment-opportunities