Wire Guard - Part Time - Seeking Retired Fire Fighters
Electric Grid Partners, LLC - Manchester, New Hampshire
Sep 15, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Oct 29, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $45 hourly
Electric Grid Partners, LLC (EGP) is seeking retired police officers and firefighters to fill the role of Wire Guard for EGP's client electric utilities. Work is part-time and usually coincides with major and destructive weather events in the Northeast.
Wire Guards are responsible for responding to public safety issues where electric infrastructure has created a potential electrical hazard. Wire Guards are assigned and dispatched to hazardous locations, as directed by the Wire Guard Coordinator.
Wire Guards are expected to:
- Discuss availability with Wire Guard Coordinator during potential weather events.
- Be able to mobilize quickly to deploy to an event.
- Check all personal protective equipment (PPE), supplies, and other necessities to safely stand by a hazardous condition.
- Be outfitted with clothing for weather conditions and any personal needs for multiple days away from home.
- Report to Wire Guard Coordinator for assignments and report to assigned electric infrastructure location.
- Provide company presence at electrical infrastructure until made safe by qualified personnel.
- Warn the public of electrical hazards by use of cones, tape, and/or Wire Guard presence from a safe distance.
- Report unexpected field conditions back to Wire Guard Coordinator and escalate any logistical issues to the Wire Guard Coordinator.
- Have the physical ability to stand by a job site for up to 16 hours daily. Must have flexibility to work several days continuously.
- Age: NA
- Education: High School Graduate
- Experience: Fire Fighter
Must be Active, Retired, or Voluntary Police Officer or Firefighter with experience protecting the public from hazardous conditions. Firefighters or police officers, especially those that are retired or have flexibility in their schedules are preferred.
Ability to use a smart phone along with the ability to use a mobile browser and other basic mobile apps.
Possess active Class D Driver's License along with a reliable 4x4 vehicle. Wire Guards are expected to use their own vehicles. (reimbursement for miles available)
Must be an English speaking U.S. citizen with excellent written and oral communication skills.
How to Apply
Email a resume to start the process.