City of Manhattan Beach - MANHATTAN BEACH, California
Mar 23, 2023
- Application Deadline:
- Jul 31, 2023
- Entry Level:
- $$98,700.00 - $119,976.00 annual
The Manhattan Beach Fire Department invites qualified and experienced candidates to apply for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic (Lateral).
"Always Here Serving Our Community as Family"
++Join the MBFD Team:++ The Manhattan Beach Fire Department has two fire stations consisting of thirty career Firefighters who are trained to provide the highest level of fire, medical and rescue assistance. The firefighters work a 48/96 work schedule. That means two 24-hours shifts or days in a row followed by 96-hours or four days off. Each shift begins at 8:00 AM and end at 8:00 AM the following day. This schedule averages a 56-hour workweek. We are a three-platoon department, and each firefighter is assigned to one of three shifts, A, B, or C Shift.
++Our Values:++ Integrity, Empathy, Loyalty, Teamwork, Ownership... Do The Right Thing We shall be innovated leaders in the fire service, engaged members in the community, and accountable and decisive in their actions.
++About the City:++ Manhattan Beach, the city of “Sun, Sand, and Sea” is an exciting and beautiful beach community located in the South Bay area of Los Angeles County. Incorporated in 1912, the City’s population is approximately 35,000.
Encompassing over two miles of beachfront, Manhattan Beach is an active and vibrant city serving as host to nationally renowned volleyball tournaments, festivals, and events year around. It is also home to movie studios and a number of fine dining and shopping establishments.
++Summary:++ Under general supervision, the Firefighter/Paramedic performs firefighting and emergency rescue duties and provides advanced medical care; responds to hazardous materials incidents and major disasters; performs fire prevention and public education activities; operates and maintains firefighting and paramedic equipment, apparatus, and facilities; participates in training and paramedic continuing education, and other activities to protect life, property, and the environment; and does other related work as assigned.
- Age: See job description
- Education: See job description
- Experience: See job description
- Graduation from High School or G.E.D. is required.
- Graduation from a California State Fire Marshal accredited Firefighter I Academy is required.
- Completion of fifteen (15) college units of fire science, fire prevention, fire safety, firefighting methods and techniques courses, or related field is required.
- A current EMT-P Paramedic license is required of at the time of hire.
- Must obtain Los Angeles County Paramedic accreditation within three (3) months of appointment. A valid California driver's license with acceptable driving record is required.
- Ability to obtain a minimum California Class C driver’s license with firefighter endorsement at the end of probationary period.
How to Apply
Applications are accepted on a continuous basis. To apply, please visit **[https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/citymb/jobs/3956840/firefighter-paramedic-lateral**](https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/citymb/jobs/3956840/firefighter-paramedic-lateral).
A copy of each of the following items must be attached to the application at the time of submission. Applications without the required attachments will not be considered.
- Proof of graduation from a California State Fire Marshal accredited Firefighter I Academy.
- Transcripts of completion of fifteen (15) college units of fire science, fire prevention, fire safety, firefighting methods and techniques courses, or related field.
- Proof of a current EMT-P Paramedic license.
All applicants will be screened in relation to the criteria outlined in this job announcement. Candidates will be reviewed and only those candidates determined to be most qualified on the basis of experience, training and education, as submitted, will be invited to participate further in the selection process. Meeting the minimum requirements listed in this job announcement does not guarantee advancement in subsequent phases of the selection process. The selection process may be changed as deemed necessary by the City Human Resources Department.
The selection process will consist of the following components and weights: Paramedic Skill Test (Qualifying) and Oral Interview (100%)
* Final appointment is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of an extensive background investigation, Fire Chief’s interview and a pre-employment medical examination.
If you need special assistance in the recruitment process, please contact the Human Resources Department at (310) 802-5258.