CALL TAKER - DISPATCHER
SouthernCross Ambulance, Inc. - new braunfels, Texas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level:
- $$33,000 base pay - average full time schedule annual
- Responsible for dispatching units in a multi-jurisdictional communications center and ensuring all transport requests are met in a timely manner.
- Works under the direction on duty Commander and in the direct supervision of the Operations Manager or Administrator/Clinical Director.
- Responsible for tracking and documenting unit and personnel activities based on telephone and radio operations with the multi-jurisdictional communications center.
- Responsible for providing pre-arrival medical direction to callers requesting emergency response.
SouthernCross Ambulance Dispatch Center is located in New Braunfels, Tx. Must be able to work at this location.
Performs such duties as are required by the On Duty Commander, Operations Manager or Administration.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will be considered without regard to any prohibited factor.
- Age: 21 minimum age
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: 1-2 years prefered
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent is required.
- Current and Valid Texas Driver license is required.
- Experience in communications or call taking preferred.
- Exercise good judgment and remain calm in high-stress situations.
- Must be detailed oriented and able to perform clerical functions.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Experience in data entry and Windows-based operating systems.
- Requires typing speed of 35 words per minute.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, via telephone and radio equipment with co-workers, hospital staff, family members, and bystanders to obtain and provide relevant information.
- Must be able to effectively document, in writing, all relevant information in the prescribed format in light of legal ramifications
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to think logically and quickly during an emergency.
- Ability to listen and apply information and instructions.
- Ability to read and comprehend technically written materials and manuals.
- Good judgment and use of discretion.
- Ability to make decisions consistent with policy and guidelines.
- Social skills and the ability to be courteous even under adverse conditions.
- Requires confidentiality.
- Requires the ability to remain calm under stress.
How to Apply
- The application needed to apply will be sent via email upon request
- Only the applicants that complete and return to be considered for an interview by fax, email or in person.
- Return application via fax - 866-282-2387
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person at our New Braunfels Administrative office office - 1718 TX-46, New Braunfels, Tx 78130